- The Chamber was awarded International Trade Fair status by the Federal Government of Nigeria in 1998.
- Organize international trade fair and other specialized fairs.
- Successful hosting of international and domestic Trade Fair.
- In partnership with the Federal Government in the year 2000 organized “Made and Found Nigeria” Trade Fair as part of activities marking Nigeria’s 40th Independence Anniversary.
- Holding of quarterly business luncheons, dinner or breakfast meetings for its members for the purpose of networking and enlightenment on current business issues.
- Publishing of widely circulated Abuja business directory a quarterly newsletter for circulation to members and the general public on latest activities at the Chamber and contemporary businesses.
- Organizing trade missions to overseas countries for members to network with foreign businesses and thus evolve partnerships and business relationships.
- Receiving trade missions from foreign countries and providing a platform for foreign business interests to meet with business organizations in Nigeria.
- Members of the Chamber from time to time render research assistance in shaping government policies.
- Bringing to the notice of the government the problems and needs of the business community.
- Members have served on some presidential committees.
- Organizing seminars, workshops, conferences and training sessions for the business community on issues and topics that will promote business growth and development.
- Acting as a reference data bank for external business interests seeking for the patronage, partnerships and business contacts with businesses within the FCT.
- Circulating to members via e-mail and post various correspondents on business opportunities and information received by the Chamber that may be of interest to members.
- Provide anti scam services to some Embassies and organizations.
- Organized a successful domestic Fair to mark Nigeria @ 50.
- Organized Centenary Trade Fair in commemoration of Nigeria @ 100.
- Building of Standard Shopping Mall by South Africa Consultant (shoprite)
Our key objective is to make the Chamber more accessible to local businesses and increasing membership is a priority in our future plans. We continually strive to improve the level of service we offer and to make our members feel that they are part of a proactive business organization.
Our purpose is to lead the private sector in the delivery of sustainable growth and prosperity of commercial activities and businesses in the FCT. The principal aim of the Chamber is to promote and protect trade, business, commerce and public welfare in the FCT as well ensuring that our members respect the rule of law and apply best commercial practices in all aspects of the businesses.
To create a coherent and comprehensive business network.
- To act as a centre of business information, support, training, guidance and dispute resolution for members.
- To attract investment by effective networking and proactive business strategies.
- Our approach is to work in partnership with the legislative and executive arms of Government in delivering quality thought and action, using our influence where appropriate and providing value-added services to our members.
[embeddoc url=”https://accinigeria.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/12th-AITF-Brochure_2.pdf” width=”100%” download=”all” viewer=”google”]