Policy Advocacy Centre
The Centre’s major responsibility is to rigorously develop strategic framework for public policy advocacy in order to fast track economic and social development of the country.
- Reservoir of knowledge, resources, materials, frameworks etc to help in advocating for better economic and social safety nets.
- Contribute actively in the debate on the national economy and the National Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (NERGP) by identifying the role of critical stakeholders and constructive engaging them based on their assigned responsibilities.
- Dedicate officer (s) to track the economic milestones of achievements recorded so far and project into the future.
- Serve as a connecting bridge between the Organised Private Sector (OPS) and the public sector. Help in facilitating work around the Ease of Doing Business (EoDB) initiative
- Set targets to staff and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to track performance and output
- Advocacy around policy shift in the strategy and tactics for SME development and funding mechanisms. Push the agenda for Finance and Equipment leasing, Social economy
- Organize workshops/Roundtable, seminars, conferences etc on (a) ease of doing business.
- Help in facilitating work around the Ease of Doing Business (EoDB) initiative
- Collate the resolutions and views of members on any topical economic, business, trade or commercial matter.
- Serve as a hub for investor’s guide.
- Re-introduce the annual “Excellence Awards” to be given on merit.
- Conventional and social Media outreaches.
- Take a position on policy on the Economy, trade or any other public policy issues that affect the welfare of the citizens.
- Embark on any other emerging economic issues that will add positive value to the nation.
- INSTITUTIONS (ILO, UNIDO , WORLD BANK, FUNDING AGENCIES)
- Development Partners etc.